Toddlers are natural scientists at this stage. They test the boundaries of their understanding through repeatable behaviour in play. This behaviour known as schema, a mental model of how the child learns how the world works.
- throw (to catch a bubble, a rolling ball),
- connect (stack to build a tower, align to make a train/road),
- turn & rotate (bottles to screw & unscrew),
- roll (a ball/marble run),
- transport (throw everything into a basket and walk around)
- hide things (shape sorters, Russian dolls, nesting toys)
- build a fence around (castle wall with blocks)
- and, more!
They will do it over and over again - they just want to be sure they understand.
Here are our selection of toys to help your child develop their skill and understanding, for Toddlers (12-36 months).
DISCLAIMER: Some toys in this selection are labeled as unsuitable for children of 0-3 years of age. This is due to the risk of small parts being dislodged from the toy and hence pose as a choking hazard to the child. We recommend strict adult supervision is necessary for children below age 3.